Members of the Confraternity of Our Lady of Mercy pledge to seek holiness through the following spiritual exercises (which do not oblige under pain of sin):
- They will wear one of the following as a reminder of the spiritual motherhood of the Blessed Virgin Mary: the Brown Scapular of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, the Green Scapular of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, or the Miraculous Medal.
- Morning offering of themselves to Jesus through Mary, and prayer for the end of abortion.
- Five decades of the Holy Rosary and/or 15 minutes of Lectio Divina, including all members of the Confraternity in their prayer intentions.
- Nightly Examination of Conscience and Act of Contrition.
- Participation in at least one weekday Mass (in addition to making their Sunday and Holy Day obligations).
- One hour of Eucharistic Adoration; this could be done as a single holy hour, or as two or more shorter times of Adoration. [If it is not feasible to spend the time in Eucharistic Adoration, due to distance for a church or to churches in the area being locked most of the time, one can choose to spend one hour each week in meditation upon a crucifix or upon an icon of Our Blessed Lord.]
- Praying of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, for an outpouring of Divine Mercy upon all those who are wounded by abortion and who have not yet made their peace with God.
- Devoutly receiving the Sacrament of Confession, which is one of the greatest means for growing in holiness, though it is much neglected today.
- Making a spiritual retreat of two or more days.